January 5, 2012 0 comment admin
Orion’s Learning Support Program reflects our appreciation for students’ learning differences and the school’s commitment to helping a diverse body of students engage in our rigorous college prep curriculum. Learning Support is available to all students who need additional support. We offer the following:
• Learning Support classes for students to attend during their study halls.
• Case management for students with diagnosed learning challenges.
• Classroom accommodations.
• Consultation for any student experiencing academic difficulty.
• Referrals for content area tutors.
• Ongoing support to Eastside Prep parents and faculty.
Learning Support Services
Any student experiencing academic difficulty (whether or not the student has an identified learning disability) may utilize the Learning Support Program for:
• Reading and writing support, study skills and learning strategy instruction.
• To secure “reasonable accommodations.”
• Academic counseling as needed.
Guided Study Hall
Guided Study Hall (GSH) provides additional support to students grades. GSH varies greatly from a traditional study hall in that each student receives tailored, individual instruction from Learning Support Specialists who identify methods and techniques to assist students achieve success.