Orion International Academy develops young leaders who can transform our world through dynamic change.
The central intent of the experience at Orion International Academy is to prepare students for college and create global leaders who will lead ethical corporations.
This process entails gaining mastery and command in the traditional academic disciplines, while gaining skills to excel in today’s competitive institutions of higher education.
Orion’s Values & Graduate Profile
Orion International Academy graduates will be:
1. ACADEMIC ACHIEVERS who
- Engage in sophisticated, complex coursework as a preparation for the future.
- Navigate a robust collection of course offerings, learning to discern their personal academic interests and choose a relevant path.
2. CRITICAL THINKERS who
- Integrate thinking from each of their classes, learning to apply knowledge mastered in one field to enhance learning in another.
- Explore, discuss, and demonstrate an awareness of ethical issues and controversial subjects.
3. RESPONSIBLE SELF STARTERS who
- Challenge themselves to seek out opportunities for further personal growth.
- Manage time effectively by setting and attaining measurable goals.
- Demonstrate autonomous learning through effective use of online programs
4. EFFECTIVE 21 st CENTURY COMMUNICATORS who
- Practice academic collaboration with teachers, with the expectation that this will be a continued and important part of their college experience.
- Demonstrate technological literacy, honing their ability to use 21st century tools effectively in research and presentation of knowledge.
5. POSITIVE INFLUENCERS who
- Are of service to the community that surrounds them and offer positive change and solutions to global issues.
- Acknowledge and respect cultural and ideological diversity and individual differences.