January 7, 2012 0 comment admin
SCHOOL-WIDE STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Orion International Academy graduates will be:
1. ACADEMIC ACHIEVERS who
- Engage in sophisticated, complex coursework as a preparation for the future.
- Navigate a robust collection of course offerings, learning to discern their personal academic interests and choose a relevant path.
2. CRITICAL THINKERS who
- Integrate thinking from each of their classes, learning to apply knowledge mastered in one field to enhance learning in another.
- Explore, discuss, and demonstrate an awareness of ethical issues and controversial subjects.
3. RESPONSIBLE SELF STARTERS who
- Challenge themselves to seek out opportunities for further personal growth.
- Manage time effectively by setting and attaining measurable goals.
- Demonstrate autonomous learning through effective use of online programs
4. EFFECTIVE 21st CENTURY COMMUNICATORS who
- Practice academic collaboration with teachers, with the expectation that this will be a continued and important part of their college experience.
- Demonstrate technological literacy, honing their ability to use 21st century tools effectively in research and presentation of knowledge.
5. POSITIVE INFLUENCERS who
- Are of service to the community that surrounds them and offer positive change and solutions to global issues.
- Acknowledge and respect cultural and ideological diversity and individual differences.